Monday 13 April 2015

T5W: Books I Wanted To Start Yesterday

Hey guys! Something happened with the scheduling of this post and I just realised that it never went up last week as it was meant to, so that's why this is weirdly late. But better late than never, as they say. 

This week's topic was books you wanted to start yesterday and wow, do I have a lot, if my massive 'to-read' shelf on Goodreads wasn't a big enough indicator. So, it's hard to put this down to just 5 books but I'm going to try, although not in any particular order. As always, T5W was created by gingerreadslainey and for more information, click here! :)


#5: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern [Goodreads link]
I feel like I never hear bad things about this book so I don't know why I haven't read it yet. I even received a copy in a Book Secret Santa over Christmas and I still haven't got to it yet. It's definitely a book I need to get to ASAP and see what all the fuss is about.

#4: Graceling by Kristin Cashore [Goodreads link]
This is another book I wonder why I haven't got to yet. I have heard SO many good things about it and I've owned it for a year or two now but alas, it still sits on my shelf collecting dust as I keep saying 'I've got to get to that one soon!'. This one is actually bothering me by how long it has been sitting on my shelf unread so hopefully I can get to it really soon.

#3: Black Sun Light My Way by Jo Spurrier [Goodreads link]
This book is from a series I have literally never heard anyone talk about - the Children of the Black Sun series/trilogy. I read the first book about two years ago and it was amazing. For some reason I didn't pick up the second (Black Sun Light My Way) for another year and I still haven't read it. I need to get back into this series ASAP because the first was one of my favourite fantasy books I've read. The author is Australian and I'm not sure if these books have been published internationally but I urge people to check them out!

#2: Vicious by V. E. Schwab [Goodreads link]
So, this is the only book on this list that I don't actually own so it's a bit harder for me to get to quickly but I need this book yesterday. It seems that everyone in the online book community can't stop talking about V. E. Schwab and I need to know what the hype is about. She's also just come out with her latest book - A Darker Shade of Magic - which is getting a lot of praise too, but I've decided I need to read Vicious first. I don't think I'll get to this one too quickly though, as I'm on a strict book buying ban until I get my TBR down a bit

#1: Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson [Goodreads link]
And now we come to the last of the books and you shouldn't be really surprised by this considering it was also on my April TBR. Brandon Sanderson is another author that I just can't stop hearing good things about at the moment (particularly the Mistborn trilogy, which is why I'm starting there) and it's just made me really excited to pick up his books. I've wanted to read his books for a long time but all the recent hype has really pushed me to get to them. As I mentioned in my TBR post, I was going to wait until I finished the Wheel of Time series to start Brandon Sanderson's works but I'm just too impatient. Fingers crossed I get this down this month as planned! 



What books did you want to start yesterday? Any books you've had sitting on your shelves for what seems like forever that you just really need to get to? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
- J, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment