Wednesday 8 July 2015

Audiobooks Are My New Favourite Thing

Hey guys! Today I'm bringing a bit more of a discussion post to because I want to talk about audiobooks. Or specifically why audiobooks are my new favourite thing! 

Until about a month ago, I'd only listened to two audiobooks and I only did so because they were autobiographies/memoirs that were narrated by their authors (they were Mindy Kaling's and Grace Helbig's books, if you're wondering). I'd always thought that I wouldn't be able to get into a story when it's not my head voice reading it. Boy, was I wrong! 

So, a big reason I decided to give audiobooks another shot is that I travel a lot. I've been on planes a whole bunch the past couple of months and I always find it hard to read a book for long periods of time on a plane unless I'm really into it. I also drive a lot where I clearly can't read. Then I thought: audiobooks. They make reading a lot easier and I can use them even when I'm doing other stuff. For example, I went to Melbourne last week (which is just over a two hour flight away) and I managed to read/listen to an audiobook both there and back. That was almost a whole book since I had it on 1.5x speed. 

I just feel like audiobooks are really convenient if you're like me and have lots of other stuff to do but want to read a lot, too. You can listen while you're driving, commuting, doing errands and heaps of other stuff! As long as it doesn't require too much of your attention, you're good!

Now, I know audiobooks can sometimes not be the cheapest thing, but neither are books. A really popular site to listen to them on is Audible (first month free trial is A+) but I also urge you all to see if you're local library has some. I'm really lucky that the town I live in has an online database where you can borrow audiobooks and eBooks from. OverDrive is a great site/app to look into for this! Give it a look!

So, what are your guys' thoughts on audiobooks? Do you find them handy or do you struggle, like I used to, to get into audiobooks because it's not your voice reading it? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
Jess, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment